Skip to Content
Property Violations

Property Violation Cases in New Jersey

East Brunswick and Freehold Juvenile Defense Lawyer Ready to Help

One offense that juveniles are commonly accused of is defacing or violating someone else's property. In some cases, the offender might be a troubled youth who simply made a mistake. In others, the minor may have been the target of wrongful allegations based on mistaken identity, or even someone's desire to find an easy scapegoat.

Here are a few examples of the various types of property violations that juveniles might be accused of:

  • Intentional or reckless property damage (criminal mischief)
  • Graffiti (criminal mischief)
  • Theft of property
  • Breaking and entering/Burglary

Juveniles can be accused of committing property violations that involve either private property or public property. For example, a minor might be accused of breaking into someone's home, doing graffiti on a storefront or stealing someone's property at school. My law firm, the Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC, provides aggressive defense for minors who are facing these types of allegations. I am an East Brunswick criminal defense attorney who has 19 years of experience practicing law, so my clients can depend on me for high-quality representation!

Request a free consultation today when you call (866) 760-6430.

Possible Defenses for Property Violation Cases

There are various defenses that can be used in property violation cases, whether the defendant is an adult or a juvenile.

Here are a few of those possible defenses:

  • The defendant had permission or had good reason to believe he or she had permission to enter a property.
  • Surveillance footage is not clear enough to prove that the defendant committed the property violation, or the footage has been compromised in some way.
  • There is evidence that the defendant believed he or she was taking his or her own property, not someone else's.
  • The owner of the property gave the defendant permission to take the property that is being considered stolen.
  • There is an overall lack of evidence that the defendant committed the property violation.

Even if the court determines that the juvenile did commit the juvenile offense, it may be possible to help the minor obtain a second chance through probation or participating in a rehabilitative class or program. No matter your situation, an East Brunswick juvenile crime lawyer is ready to help.

Contact my firm at (866) 760-6430 so I can help you strategically work toward the best possible outcome for your juvenile crime case!

Our Settlements & Verdicts

Our top priority is to devise customized legal strategies that are tailored to the unique legal needs of our clients, no matter how simple or complicated their situations, might be.

  • Client Acquitted Assault
  • Assault Charge Dismissed Assault and Cross-Complaint for False Police Report
  • Charges Dismissed Domestic Violence Temporary Restraining Order Dismissed Against Client following Trial
  • All Charges Were Dismissed DWI and Careless Driving
  • DWI Charge Dismissed DWI and Reckless Driving
  • DWI And Lane Change Dismissed DWI, Reckless Driving, Failure and Unsafe Lane Change
    "I am very grateful for Mr. Gilbert excellent job!"
    Excellent Job! I contacted a few law offices before … Finally, I chose Ryan E. Gilbert…the way he greeted me made me feel like a very important client and took consideration for any conditions I had at the time. Everything was quick and smooth! He was well informed and smart he was also helpful and kind. I would recommend him! 5 stars and 2 thumbs up! I am very grateful for Mr. Gilbert excellent job!
    - Michelle
    "Ryan To The Rescue"
    Ryan is a very thorough attorney. He knows the law and he keeps you well informed of all the details with your case. He will work very hard for you. I would definitely use him again for any legal matters and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent attorney.
    - Former Client
    "My case had a successful outcome."
    Ryan was compassionate, intelligent, efficient and thorough; he gave good advice, represented me in court, and was successful in winning a reduction in my property taxes. I wholeheartedly recommend him. I know he handles other types of cases as well.
    - Former Client
    "Great job protecting my future"
    Ryan was a trusted adviser throughout the course of my legal issues. I was unfamiliar with legal proceedings and Ryan was able to explain to me my legal situation, and risks associated with various defenses and decisions I had to make. He took the time to explain all the scenarios to my satisfaction which gave me piece of mind and comfort. Ryan was also very responsive through various forms of communications (phone, email, text) which made keeping in contact convenient throughout the process. Ryan showed up on time (early in fact) to various appointments and appeared to handle relationship building effectively with opposing attorneys and the prosecutor. At the end of the day, I was very satisfied with the work done by Ryan as the outcome of my legal matter was better than I had expected and kept my reputation in tact, which undoubtedly will help me pursue my future career/professional ambitions.
    - Former Client
    "Professionalism at its best"
    Mr. Gilbert has made my case easy and clear to understand without all the legal jargon. He took time to help me clearly understand my case and kept me updated with all occurrences. Also, the case had been postponed and he waited alongside and had a friendly chat at the nearby Starbucks and besides giving me a great case result, he made me feel as if I had someone by my side. Patient, honest, and soft spoken, Ryan is not someone else whom just told me what to do and I just say yes too, like previous attorneys I had. I will always suggest and use Ryan Gilbert as my attorney.
    - Former Client
    "Attentive, fast responding, professional, expert"
    Attentive, fast responding, professional and expert is how I would describe the attention and service that I received from Mr. Gilbert. He solved my matter quickly and explained in very clear terms each step and set expectation for action on all sides. I was very pleased with how my matter was resolved and would recommend Mr. Gilbert to those requiring legal services. If needed I would absolutely seek Mr. Gilbert's council again.
    - Former Client
    "An invaluable asset to anyone"
    Mr. Gilbert is an excellent attorney. His knowledge and experience make him an invaluable asset to anyone looking for an attorney.
    - Former Client
    "Ryan could not have been more helpful"
    I found myself in quite a situation and Ryan could not have been more helpful in my time of need. Ryan worked tirelessly and did whatever he could to secure for me the best possible outcome. Even when I first called, I never could have imagined having my case resolve as positively as it did. Thank you so much Ryan!
    - Former Client

Contact Us Today

We’re Ready to Help

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy