There are several types of circumstances that could require seeking a child custody order modification.
These include case in which:
- One parent is planning to move away
- One parent has exhibited behavior that could be dangerous to the child, such as neglect or abuse
- One parent is uncooperative and has consistently failed to allow court-ordered visitation
- One parent is engaged in parental alienation.
At my firm, the Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC, I represent parents who are in the position in which it is necessary to seek to modify and existing child custody order. Call (866) 760-6430 to speak with an East Brunswick child custody attorney!
Matters of Importance to the Court in Child Custody
When a child custody order is issued, there are various factors that are reviewed in making a decision, including the ability of the parents to cooperate in matters related to parenting, and the interaction of each child with regard to parents and other children in the family.
Additional factors that are considered include:
- Whether there is any history of domestic violence
- The safety of the child
- The wishes of the child when old enough
- The actual needs of the child
- The stability of the home of each parent
- The education and the fitness of each parent
- The employment of each parent
- The extent of the parenting time spent in caring for the children in the past
New Jersey's Prevention of Domestic Violence Act presumes that the child's best interests are served by awarding custody to the other parent if the other has a history of domestic violence. This is an important fact in seeking a modification, as if your children have been neglected or suffered emotional or physical abuse from the other parent who has custody or visitation rights, it is extremely important to get the order modified, as quickly as possible, and I can assist you to pursue this modification. All accusations of domestic violence, abuse or neglect must be supported by fact, and we should discuss this issue immediately.
Call My Firm at (866) 760-6430 Today for Legal Help
If you are seeking a modification of child custody, contact my office immediately for counsel and advocacy. Whether you are considering moving away due to an employment opportunity or other personal reason, or the other parent is making such plans, or the custody order is no longer acceptable due to any danger to the children, or any other issue, I can assist you to get the matter resolved.
Set up an initial consultation when you call (866) 760-6430. The Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC is here for you.
At Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC, our goal is to guide you through the complex legal process. Your best interests are our top priority. We will provide nothing less than our honest, professional opinions, giving you the information and resources needed to make the best possible decisions.
- Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
- Proven Track-Record of Successful Cases
- Honest & Practical Representation
- Easy Access to Electronic Files & Documents at All Times
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Contested Divorce
- Divorce Options
- Domestic Violence & Family Law
- Father's Rights
- High Net-Worth Divorce
- Joint Custody
- Legal Custody
- Military Divorce
- Modification of Child Custody
- Modification of Child Support
- Modification of Spousal Support
- Physical Custody
- Property Division
- Spousal Support
- Uncontested Divorce