Divorce is often a messy, expensive, and emotionally exhausting situation. Mediation is an alternative proceeding available for uncontested divorce cases that allows a couple to make decisions about important aspects of divorce without going to court. As your East Brunswick & Freehold divorce lawyer, I can be instrumental in assisting you through negotiations pertaining to the dissolution of your marriage. I can help you achieve a peaceful resolution during your present conflict through this non-contentious process.
By retaining my firm's services, I can equip you with the necessary information to enable you to make educated decisions regarding the family law matters of child custody, child support, alimony, property division and many others. During a typical mediation process, both parties will meet with a third party, the mediator, to negotiate a resolution to the divorce.
Set up an initial consultation with the Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC when you call (866) 760-6430.
Stages of Mediation in New Jersey
Six steps comprise a general mediation process:
- Mediator's opening statement: Stage one is the mediator's opening statement as he or she explains the rules and provides encouragement for each party to work together.
- Disputants' opening statement: Next is the disputants' opening statement. Each party can provide a statement as to what the dispute is about and how it has affected him or her.
- Joint discussion: The third stage is the joint discussion, which is a time for discussing issues that need to be addressed.
- Private caucuses held: Fourth, private caucuses are held, which allow each party to meet separately with the mediator to discuss the position and ideas for settlement.
- Joint negotiations: Following the caucuses is join negotiations where the parties work together to come to an agreement.
- Closure: The final stage is closure. If an agreement is reached by this point, the mediator can put the provisions in writing and both parties can sign. In cases in which no agreement is reached, the mediator can advise each party of his or her options.
Although this is a less formal alternative to family court, these distinct stages allow each party to mutually benefit from the results.
Dissolve Your Marriage Without Court Intervention
Without ever having to go to court, your marriage can be dissolved in a cost-efficient manner. Disagreements can be cleared up and negotiations can be settled in the course of one day to a few weeks. My firm can be used to facilitate discussions aimed at resolving conflict that has prevented mutually beneficial decisions from being made.
At the Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC, my goal is to assist my client as all parties work to agree upon a solution. My desire is to help individuals build strong futures as they live independent lives.
Contact my firm today for the legal representation from a qualified Freehold and East Brunswick divorce attorney through this time.
At Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC, our goal is to guide you through the complex legal process. Your best interests are our top priority. We will provide nothing less than our honest, professional opinions, giving you the information and resources needed to make the best possible decisions.
- Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
- Proven Track-Record of Successful Cases
- Honest & Practical Representation
- Easy Access to Electronic Files & Documents at All Times
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Contested Divorce
- Divorce Options
- Domestic Violence & Family Law
- Father's Rights
- High Net-Worth Divorce
- Joint Custody
- Legal Custody
- Military Divorce
- Modification of Child Custody
- Modification of Child Support
- Modification of Spousal Support
- Physical Custody
- Property Division
- Spousal Support
- Uncontested Divorce