Adoption enables many couples and individuals to build a family. It can be a challenging and complex process. With the assistance of a knowledgeable adoption attorney in East Brunswick, however, every portion of the procedure can be viewed as a step toward one of the greatest joys of your life. At the Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC, I assist people who are adopting a child or need to give up their child for adoption.
What are the Requirements to Adopt a Child in New Jersey?
People who wish to adopt must meet many requirements. Individuals who are 18 years of age or older and married couples may qualify. To be approved for a specific child, the individual must be at least 10 years older than the child they wish to adopt. Also, a child's brother, sister, aunt, uncle, birth father, grandparent, or stepparent can adopt him or her. Domestic and international adoptions both work in different ways from each other and have distinct requirements.
Types of Adoption Available
In the state of New Jersey, there are many types of adoptions that a family, couple, or individual can select.
There are three primary forms of adoption within the state:
- Private adoptions – Private adoptions are coordinated between the birth parents and possible new parents.
- Stepparent adoptions – Stepparent adoptions are for individuals who wish to become a legal part of their stepchild's life.
- Relative adoptions – Relative and grandparent adoptions are for those who wish to take legal custody of a child relative.
At my firm, I can help you determine which type of adoption is right for you and your family. In addition, I can handle any complicated issues that may arise and disrupt the process. For dedicated and reliable assistance related to New Jersey adoptions, contact the Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC today!
An East Brunswick adoption lawyer is ready to help you. Call (866) 760-6430!
At Law Offices of Ryan E. Gilbert, LLC, our goal is to guide you through the complex legal process. Your best interests are our top priority. We will provide nothing less than our honest, professional opinions, giving you the information and resources needed to make the best possible decisions.
- Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
- Proven Track-Record of Successful Cases
- Honest & Practical Representation
- Easy Access to Electronic Files & Documents at All Times
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Contested Divorce
- Divorce Options
- Domestic Violence & Family Law
- Father's Rights
- High Net-Worth Divorce
- Joint Custody
- Legal Custody
- Military Divorce
- Modification of Child Custody
- Modification of Child Support
- Modification of Spousal Support
- Physical Custody
- Property Division
- Spousal Support
- Uncontested Divorce